The Art and skill of Buddhist Meditation: Mindfulness, Concentration and Insight by Richard Shankman
Back cover blurb:
Unifying mindfulness, concentration and insight meditation.
The Art and Skill of Buddhist Meditation is a practical, accessible guide to building a strong meditation practice. Whether you're new to meditation or a seasoned practitioner, the step-by-step instructions in this book will deepen your skills and help you fully integrate mindfulness, concentration, and insight meditation into a balanced practice.
1. Establishing the Foundation for Meditation
2. Beginning Instructions
3. As Concentration Begins to Grow
4. Working With Difficulties
5. Right Concentration
6. Deepening Concentration
7. Strong Energies and Challenging Experiences
8. Jhana: The Culmination of Concentration
Book dimensions (approximate):
Number of Pages: 147